cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 48

Multi-call option - Digital Voice

I was switched to Digital Voice this week. I have an analogue phone connected to the back of the Smart Hub 2 and another connected via a Digital Adapter and both make and receive calls fine. As I don't have a DECT digital phone how can I access Line Settings to change from Multi Call to Single Call? I can't see any way to do this in the My BT app or online, although I guess this is a DECT setting in the Smart Hub so that's not unsurprising.

0 Ratings
47 REPLIES 47
Message 2 of 48

Re: Re: Digital voice multi-party calls

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 48

Re: Multi-call option - Digital Voice

Hi @BMWBMW 

You can only use the multi call option if you have the BT DV handsets, which you've said you don't. The multi call options can only be accessed through the Menu on these handsets.

Message 4 of 48

Is the default not for these services to be active though? The poster is asking how to switch them off. If they are on a call and someone calls them, the incoming caller will get the usual ringing tone, rather than engaged. Of course this may have changed since my short lived DV "adventure" two years ago.

Message 5 of 48

As suggested by SRB, Multi Call has defaulted to on. I answered a call on the handset connected to the DV Adapter in my study but it was a call for my wife and when she picked up the phone downstairs she got a dial tone and could dial a number whilst I was still connected. The caller had to phone back so the call could be picked up downstairs! I don't see how I can change to Single Call or "transfer" a call between handsets using analogue phones.

Message 6 of 48

...and for the record, I don't want to fork out for a digital phone in order to just change an inappropriate default on the system for analogue phones. I don't particularly want to "transfer" calls, because if I wanted that functionality I appreciate I would need to buy a digital phone, I just want to be able to be able to use two analogue handsets in the same way we used to before we were "forced" onto Digital Voice (there was no other choice when re-contracting Broadband other than not have a "landline" at all).

Message 7 of 48

BT should be able to login to your hub and change those settings for you if you ask one of the Mods on here or call customer services. Oh - you might want to turn off the auto answer "feature" too !

Message 8 of 48

@BMWBMWwrote:

As suggested by SRB, Multi Call has defaulted to on. I answered a call on the handset connected to the DV Adapter in my study but it was a call for my wife and when she picked up the phone downstairs she got a dial tone and could dial a number whilst I was still connected. The caller had to phone back so the call could be picked up downstairs! I don't see how I can change to Single Call or "transfer" a call between handsets using analogue phones.

To be honest @BMWBMW I wasn't aware that you could multi call when using non BT DV handsets,  however to do what you want I'd suggest a dect base station with twin phones. I might be wrong but if you're using one phone plugged into the hub and one into an extender I don't think you'll ever be able to do what you want.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 48

Thanks for the advice SRB; How would I go about contacting a Mod, or will they see this at some point anyway?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 48

@RobbieMac can you help @BMWBMW  here?

0 Ratings