cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

New Advance Phone where to get advice on SETUP?

I am just starting to set up my new BT Advance phone --- is this the right place to get advice?

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: New Advance Phone where to get advice on SETUP?

@clayto 

Are you a BT Retail phone customer?

If you are, then is this to do with BT Digital Voice?

https://www.bt.com/help/user-guides/phones/digital-voice/bt-advanced-digital-home-phone

Message 3 of 23

Thanks for the reply. I have only just heard of Digital Voice today, so have started searching online for info about it, but I think my answer to your response is possibly ''yes''. Today I started setting up my Advance Phone which arrived yesterday. I have a query (maybe a criticism) about the User Guide which came with it. Why does it not make any reference to my (full fibre) Broadband Hub and connecting the phone to it? The only mention is a small section on page 7 which touches on using a microfilter, and graphics which do not show a connection to a Hub, only a wall socket. I would have been at a loss how to connect, where it not for the fact that the old (non-digital) phone) I am replacing was already connected to my Hub. So I ignored the setup instructions in the User Guide and connected directly to the Hub. I was relieved to find that it worked!
Unless I am mistaken, this is a major (very odd) omission from the User Guide?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

You can't connect a DV phone directly to the Hub. It sounds like you may have the Advanced DECT phone rather than the Advanded DV phone?

Message 5 of 23

@clayto 

???

The procedure for connecting the phone to your hub using the WPS button is detailed on page 6.

Am I missing something?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

I have not found a reference to DV or DECT in the User Guide (or the packaging). It may be in the Guide  which is quite detailed, but I have gone through it a few times. Can you explain DV versus DECT, presumably I have the latter as I have made and received calls OK via connection to my BT Hub

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

Hi @clayto   You clearly have bought the old Advanced Phones (non-DV). Setup is simply plug it in to your Smart Hub 2 (no filter). Nothing else.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

Are we looking at the same document? In mine, page 6 deals with 'battery performance' and has a graphic showing a connection to a wall socket, no mention of Hub or of WPS. I did not need to use WPS on the Hub to establish a connection through it. I have just tested connecting to the wall socket as shown in the Guide pg 6 and it did not work, the phone displays 'Line Code Error' (so I am glad I did not follow it!). The wall socket became redundant when the engineer upgraded my Broadband to Full Fibre 100. It seems to me that the phone may have come with the wrong, ie. possibly out of date,  Guide?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

You appear to have an analogue phone rather than a Digital Voice (which is DECT) cordless phone.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

Please read my post #4 & follow the links. You've either bought or been sent the wrong product, although as you've found it will work. But you won't have access to Alexa or any other features of the DV phone.