cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 69

Re: Not able to receive all incoming calls

Go to solution
AlfTupper - did you manage to get your issue resolved - I have the same problem.
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 69

Go to solution

I seem to have something of a reputation for saying the unsayable,  so I won't be overly surprised if this post gets deleted,  but:

Has it not occurred to BT yet that DV just doesn't work??    I mean,  never mind the customer service that follows  -  I'm sure anyone reading this thread will draw their own conclusions about that without me joining the dots  -  but how can you market a product where only some people can get through some of the time,  regardless of whether those people are engineers or not?    It's clearly not by any means an isolated case.    Imagine a company who sold a car that only some people could drive,  some of the time,  or even one that you could drive all of the time but may or may not get as far as your intended destination?   -   How many of those cars would be sold?

Worse still,  BT now persist with this fundamentally flawed system because they're so heavily committed to it,  and who suffers as a result?    Can anyone really argue that AlfTupper and his many companions in despair should have to go through this process to get something fixed which should have worked in the first place?

People argue that this is progress.    Really ...?

Message 33 of 69

Go to solution

it would appear that you have missed this announcement from a couple of weeks ago.

See link

We’re pausing our Digital Voice plans for Consumers, while we work on a more resilient rollout (bt.c...

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 69

Go to solution

Yes but what about those of us using DV now ?

Message 35 of 69

Go to solution

@ColNor53 wrote:

Yes but what about those of us using DV now ?

I have no idea. You would need to ask BT that.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 69

Go to solution

... as if you'd get an answer,  which is precisely my point.    No,  I'll willingly hold my hands up:  I haven't read the link in question,  not least because the only way I'd entertain the idea of having DV installed now or ever is if I'm unconscious and hog-tied.    When the time comes  -  and I do know it's  'when'  rather than  'if'  ( it's not as though customers should have a choice,  after all )  I'll have no choice but to deal with it as I come to it,  as has been the case for the many poor unfortunates whose installations were either already done or already in progress at the point at which BT announced that they were putting a hold on things.

Message 37 of 69

Go to solution

Well they don't seem able to resolve my issues - some of my family and friends (and who knows who else) are still not able to contact us on our Digital phone from their mobile !

Should I be seeking compensation ?

Message 38 of 69

Go to solution

Yes,  you absolutely should.    Whether or not you'll get it,  I couldn't predict,  but you,  and anyone / everyone in a similar position should definitely try your best.    I have absolutely no legal qualifications,  but I even wonder whether a class action of some kind could be viable.

Admittedly BT has changed a great deal over the years,  but around fifteen years ago,  I wrestled with them over a completely different issue  ( obviously ).    It was a long arduous battle,  but the ultimate compensation was WELL worth the effort.

Message 39 of 69

Go to solution

I agree fully with Firefox et  al that compensation is justified.  In this instance the level of loss/inconvenience etc may be too small for  Class action gives strength to the individual and is difficult to ignore I'm  not sure there would be adequate support.  Individual complaints however can be palmed off quite easily.  Large companies are adept at delaying and avoiding ultimate responsibility. 

Their public announcement in March is certainly a useful support. 

Keen to read the views of others. 

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 69

Go to solution

Well, BT have promised to resolve my problems within 48 hours. If they don't I shall certainly be looking for some compensation !

0 Ratings