cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 34

Re: Number changed when moved to digital voice

It was but now back in socket alone - no point wasting electricity on the broadband hub as it’s not working
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 34

So do you think  it will be my number when broadband is working? I was advised by tech to use filter not back of hub… thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 34

How do you know its not working if you have switched the hub off? Until your broadband is working, your phone won't work on the correct number.

Message 14 of 34

Because the broadband isn’t working, it’s been reported as a fault. It’s been over 24 hours now so should be working? 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 34

Your correct number should be there, once the broadband is working, so there is no point in telling anyone about the number on the phone socket, as its only temporary, and has probably been left active so it can be used in an emergency, as normally "stopped" lines cannot make or receive calls.

Have you been told when the broadband is going to be working?

Message 16 of 34

You must leave the hub switched on, otherwise it will show as a fault, and the information that is needed to be sent to the hub, to enable phone calls, will not happen.

Its going to be needed to be left on all the time anyway, otherwise you will not be able to make or receive phone calls, as calls are carried over the Internet.

Message 17 of 34

Thank you, this gives me hope….. engineer due on Thursday morning🤞🏻

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 34

Just leave the hub plugged in and switched on. If BT test the line and don't see a hub they will think there is still a fault.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 34

Ok I will set it all up again, thank you so much for advise and giving me hope. This group more helpful than calls to BT 😔

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 34

@Sarahh11 wrote:

This group more helpful than calls to BT 😔

First port of call for problems. 😀

0 Ratings