cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Openreach has the wrong address!

Good afternoon,

We've got a problem! When we moved into our house 4yrs 2m ago we joined BT and only a few weeks later we got fibre to our property thanks to the Cornwall Broadband Initiative. The problem is that both our house and our neighbours had the same name and are differentiated by the surname of the person living there. We decided to change our house name only a month or two later. Problem is it seems Openreach still have it on our old address. This means we're unable to upgrade our broadband/phone/tv package.

Please can you help?

James

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Openreach has the wrong address!

Is your address correct on royal mail database?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Yes it appears on all the websites when using the postcode and "select the address". The problem is that the old name for the property hasn't been removed from some databases it seems - so they exist concurrently.

If I try selecting the new (current) name for the house - only basic dialup broadband is available but with the old name all options appear!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

You need BT to raise an ORDI with openreach to update your address  I have asked mods to help and they will post here. Will be delay as. BT on strike 30/31 august

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Thanks 👍

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @jahawi77,

This is something that I can help you with. I've sent you a private message with some details that I need to pick this up.

@imjolly thanks for letting me know about this.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings