cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Phone number ported from Virgin - DV phone / Digital Voice Adapter

Go to solution

I've just moved from Virgin to BT, installation done in the last few days and everything is working ok including my phone number which has been ported across from Virgin. I have a fairly old pair of Panasonic DECT phones, one of which is now plugged into the router and both working fine.

When I signed up to BT I was advised that I couldn't get the new DV phones, I think this was because of the transfer from Virgin and me wanting to retain the number. But I'm curious: now that I've successfully transferred does this still apply? I don't necessarily need new DV phones, just wondering really.

But I would like to move my main handset back to where it was as it's now in a slightly inconvenient place near the router. It looks like I could do this by getting the Digital Voice Adapter, and that this would work for the second handset as well. Have I understood this correctly?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Phone number ported from Virgin - DV phone / Digital Voice Adapter

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

you could phone BT and request the DV adapter and you could then position where you want as long as it connects to SH2 (DECT) then connect your existing panasonic base to adapter

phone CS 150 or 0800800150 from mobile and request free adapter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
I phoned the BT helpline, they were very helpful, a digital voice adapter is being sent.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

And...it arrived and all set up.

0 Ratings