cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Problem with my digital land line.

Go to solution

Hi, I changed recently from VM, and my landline was transferred together with my broad band and TV, and a digital broadband voice device which plugged into a mains socket, and my normal digital house phone plugged into that. My phone worked fine receiving and making calls at that time. It has not been used since setup, but I was expecting a phone call on it tomorrow morning that is important, so tested it again tonight and it is not working.

Calls made to me landline sound as if calling on the phone is working making the call, but the landline does not ring on my house phone. Trying to make a call from my landline, takes the number OK, but when you press to connect, the number immediately sounds like the called number is number..

I have tried unplugging the BT device for a few minutes, then plugging it in again, and after a few seconds, and the device starts to flash blue on almost right away OK. I have tried resetting my landline phone, which, apart from not ringing out, seems OK. I ran the BT tests, which, as far as I can go, indicates it is OK.

Do I need to reset the Hub? Broadband is working great.

Anybody any ideas please.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problem with my digital land line.

Go to solution

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

Try the phone plugged into the socket on the back of the BT Smart Hub 2 to see if it rings.

The Digital Voice adapter presents a two wire connection, and some phones need an extra "ring" wire.

Plugging a microfilter into the socket on the DV adapter, and plugging the phone into the phone socket on the microfilter, emulates the "ring" wire.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

You are amazing, it works fine. I assume I can leave it there OK?

The installer said it had to use the voice adapter to work, so I thought, though I saw the socket marked with a phone icon, it would only e for the BT special phone. The one I am using is the BT4600 phone and my wife just called me on it to test it. Problem I have is I have a really bad tinnitus, and the BT4600 gave me a good clear audio, and the call was important, and wanted to use it.

Very many thanks for your quick response.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Neutral 

The phone socket on the home hub is the intended place, so you can leave it there.

The DV adapter helps people who have to put the phone elsewhere, but it can cause issues with some phones.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Hi, thanks again, I will leave it there. I just reread my post, and there are typos which make it not so easy to read, I must confess I was in a bit of a panic writing it, and never expected to get any input that time of night. A great forum with some very helpful people on it.
0 Ratings