cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 34

Re: Digital Voice - Cannot receive all incoming calls (Very frustrating)

Hi Neil,

I have switched over the digital voice today. I am able to make outgoing calls to mobiles and landlines. But seem unable to receive calls from mobiles or landlines. However a call from an EE mobile did work?

Is there something I could potentially be doing wrong? 

Thank you!

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34

Re: Re: Digital Voice - Cannot receive all incoming calls (Very frustrating)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 34

@rcpoucher 

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 34

from a similar post have you checked to see if 1571 is set to answer immediately hence you appear to not get any calls

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 34

Thanks, I haven’t no, but I seem to receive calls from EE mobile network, so I imagine if 1571 was the issue it would be applicable for all calls. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 34

@rcpoucher 

Please can you confirm that you get your broadband from BT Retail, and not EE, as EE have been moving their customers onto Digital Voice?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 34

I’m fairly sure I read a post where someone put their phone back into the copper master socket to test if those calls not getting through on DV  ‘rang’ the copper pair line ( they did ) , the issue effectively went away after a short while , presumably some of these networks ( non BT/EE  mobiles  , other landline networks, Sky, TT etc ) are slower in starting to route calls made by their customers to the DV ‘address’, it seems not all operators action this change at the same time , but in the example I recall, it was  a short lived problem, you could try that yourself , especially if you have a second corded phone .

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 34

@Keith_Beddoe Yes from BT retail, I have been with BT direct for years 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 34

@iniltous 

Thanks for that, good to know others may have been in the same position, I will give it a try.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 34

@iniltous 

Unfortunately plugging back into the old copper wire was no good. Fingers crossed the potential delays in switchover will be short. 

Thanks

0 Ratings