cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Ring tone not loud enough on DV phone

I have two basic Digital Voice phones and have them set to maximum volume but they are still too quiet for my wife who has hearing issues. Also there is no information on whether or not these work with hearing aids?

Anyone any suggestions to resolve these issues?

Stuart

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Ring tone not loud enough on DV phone

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Am I going to get a reply from a human on this?

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Only if somebody can give an answer for you!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

If you already have a phone that your wife could hear or use her hearing aid with, you can plug it into the phone socket on the BT Smarthub and it should continue to work. or you could call BT 0800.800.150 and ask them to send you a Digital Voice adaptor that you plug into your existing telephone socket.

See link

"You can continue to use your existing phone by plugging it into the phone port on the back of the Hub. Or you can use one of our adapters, which will let you plug your phone into any standard phone socket".

Digital Voice: Will my existing phone and fax machine still work? | BT Help

Message 6 of 12

Yes I know that. However that is not my point - basically in my view these DV phones are not fit for purpose. The ring tone is not loud enough and here no hearing aid connection as far as I can tell from the rather scant documentation. I shall have to complain directly to BT as no one else here seems to have the issue. I'm guessing that actual BT folks do not frequent this community.

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

This is a customer to customer help forum, the only BT employees are the moderators who had mod by their display name.

I believe the advanced digital voice handsets have a ringer boost but not sure about the essential ones. You can find the manuals for the 3 different digital voice specific handsets on this page: https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--how-do-i-set-up-my-service-

However one of these phones that can connect to the green phone socket on the back of your smart hub 2 maybe more to your requirements: https://www.bt.com/help/here-for-you/home-phones-and-accessories/best-home-phones-for-people-with-a-...

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

I dare say there are numerous phones on the market that do not support the features that you want. That does not make them "not fit for purpose".

They would only be "not fit for purpose" if they stated that they did have a hearing aid connection when in fact they did not.

They may not be suitable for your wife's needs but as has already been pointed out, you do not need to use the BT phones if they do not have the features that you want. 

If you do complain to BT please keep this thread updated with how you get on. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

BT seriously need to make a Digital Voice version of their popular Big Button 200 phone. Many people with disabilities find a corded phone with no power requirements, extra large buttons and no screen (i.e. no fiddly menu options to scroll through!) easiest to use.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Why don't you just connect your existing big button 200 to the phone socket on back of hub and use it as before. If you want phone elsewhere then get dv adapter and position big button where more convenient 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings