cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Sorry… Looks like your BTID doesn't match up with the details you entered.

Go to solution

I made a BT id, so that I could apply for a new broadband/phone deal with them (as required). After I submitted all my details as an existing BT phone user (gave my account details), I was sent an activation BT id email, which activated fine. Then the problem started : I can log in ok to  the BTid, but if I try to apply for a new BT broadband package here : https://www.bt.com/broadband/home-essentials

It lets me go all the way to completion after supplying my National insurance number, then THIS MESSAGE APPEARS EVERY TIME !

"Sorry… You have entered mismatching information Looks like your BTID doesn't match up with the details you entered. Please check your details and log in again."

I HAVE ENTERED ALL DETAILS CORRECTLY : It is sending me loopy! Can anyone please help?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sorry… Looks like your BTID doesn't match up with the details you entered.

Go to solution

Hi @iantommo welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're experiencing issues setting up your BT ID. If you log in to MyBT on a web browser, click your details then account at the top of the page does it show the correct account number and that you are the Account holder under your role on this account section?  

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

It reads : Your Accounts / Multiple accounts (despite deleting a duplicate one)

Pending request

You have made a request to become an Account Manager for:

(The account is mine and is correct)

I had originally added an account and clicked on "I am the account holder". The error on the internet package application popped up repeatedly. So I added another account (same one) but clicked on "I want to be an account manager"... (thinking this would maybe work). Problem still came up with error message, so I deleted one of the "added accounts".

It seems I do not have permissions to my own account...yet?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I just deleted the remaining : pending "I want to be an account manager" and restarted adding only the one account as "I am the account holder".

NOW, within BT id page of "add an account", I added as the account holder and it states :

For your security, we need to send you a PIN.

Please choose how you'd like to receive the PIN.

But there is NOTHING to select or choose other than an extra option of : "Validate your BT ID with a security question"

It then asks for a security question that I DID NOT ALLOCATE OR PREVIOUSLY CHOOSE! I try answering the question anyway, with what I "would have put in, had I chosen that particular question", and NOW I am unable to add an account!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @iantommo and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you're having problems getting your BTID set up. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Check your inbox for my message and drop me over a reply with the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Having "very carefully and patiently" attempted to simply enter all my details and set up a BT online account (as part of the required process in order to apply for cheaper unemployment broadband provision)...and having had a level of frustration at being sent in endless loops via the online menu options to no avail, I am rapidly coming to the conclusion, that BT are NOT the company I would wish to remain with for the foreseeable future!

I have been with BT since my parents got their first phone back in the 1970s and since I never currently use my landline phone and still have to pay £28 a month just for rental (AS I REQUIRE IT TO GET BROADBAND VIA ANOTHER SEPARATE PROVIDER) , I have seen sense and due to my unemployment and zero help from BT on that factor, I am fervently looking for a cheaper sensible deal for phone and broadband combined.

the best deal so far with Vodaphone, but only time will tell (and further investigation) if this option is the best. BT was my 1st port of call as they offered £15 a month (for unemployed) for phone and broadband. If the level of hassle I have had is anything to go by, it sends me a message that any future "service" if there is any problems will be "more hassle" and not as quick and simple straight forward process as filling in a quick form online!

This in no way reflects on the forum advice and help offered by Moderators. I am thankful for their support and advice. The problem lies with the initial website set-up procedure and endless loop of no progress when trying to get help directly from the website itself!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @iantommo,

I am sorry for the problems that you've had trying to get the deal you wanted online.

I can understand why you are frustrated. If you do need any help, please, reply back to the private messages that I sent you beforehand.

Whatever you decide to do, I want to wish you the best of luck in the future.

Thanks
DanielS 

0 Ratings