cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 39

Re: Spoofing my telephone number

Go to solution

Why not simply call someone and find out.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 39

Go to solution
I have been in touch with Parcelforce, who promised to raise the issue with their Technical department.
BT are not much help !!
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 39

Go to solution

CLI , calling line identification, the number you present on calls you make , has nothing to do with what others present as their CLI , BT flagged the incoming call as nuisance because of where it originated from , probably somewhere like India , not because your own number is on a blacklist , it’s common for scammers to spoof the number , so that the number they call ( your number ) also presents from their end the same number they called , that way if you try to return the call you effectively call yourself, the fact that you have deduced that it was a genuine call makes no sense , why would Parcelforce spoof your number instead of their own number .

BT presented the number that was forwarded by the organisation that made the call , why that number is the number they called , rather than the number they called from is a mystery and nothing really to do with BT , the nuisance flag may be because that’s an odd thing to do .

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 39

Go to solution

@5progface 

I had it my my head that I'd read similar recently. So after fighting the search facilities I did indeed find another thread, that also referenced Parcelforce.  Then I see that was also you, so why on earth have you started a separate thread for the same issue?

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Voicemail-digi-essentials-phone/m-p/2403736

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 39

Go to solution

Because there was no solution !

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 39

Go to solution
The call was from Parcelforce U.K.
They have promised to look into it.
0 Ratings
Message 37 of 39

Go to solution

@5progfacewrote:

Because there was no solution !

Can someone please merge the threads to prevent more time-wasting? 🙄

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 39

Go to solution
The call went to voice mail and not deduced by me.
The call was also logged in my recent calls as my number both timed at 0855/0856
0 Ratings
Message 39 of 39

Go to solution
Good idea.
Thanks for all the replies, however, I have taken the problem elsewhere.
Both to BT and Parcelforce.
0 Ratings