cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Switch to VoIP without fibre

My aunt has been sent letters and postcards informing her that she will soon be switching to digital voice. However she does not currently have FTTP. The paperwork seems to suggest she will only require one of the new cordless handsets and makes no mention of the need to instal the modem etc.

Is this a mistake, are BT jumping the gun or will they arrange a date to get the fibre installed first? All other people I have seen discuss the switch to digital voice already have the FTTP in place.

She is in no hurry to switch to digital voice and I dont want there to be a problem where the copper line is disconnected before she has the new setup working.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Switch to VoIP without fibre

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

you don't need to have FTTP the switch is also happening to customers with FTTC

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Thank you.

I was rather hoping they would want to install the modem as part of this job so it could be put in a more suitible position along with the hub. My aunts master socket is in difficult position for any future work. Like a lot of people she will want to continue using the existing phones she is comfortable with. I will try to get her a new DECT handset if the audio quality is going to be better.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

you should get either 2 free essential DV phones or 1 advanced DV phone or an adapter which lets you use your existing phones  if not offered then phone   and request

the auto post by @jac_95 will help clarify questions

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings