cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Telephone line

I moved into a new apartment with Digital Voice ( I had never heard of Digital Voice, means nothing to me.) B.T open my new account, made me pay for a new digital hub gave me a new telephone number.    The phone line has not worked since installed on 22nd April.  I have spoke to at least 7 agents, the calls always lasting over 45 mins, each one promises to fix the problem. They don't. I have had an engineer visit, he had no idea how to fix the problem.  They have sent me a gadget in the post, that did not fix the problem.  I can call out on the new telephone line but I cannot receive calls.    How can I escalate this complaint.    Help someone please. 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Telephone line

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Presumably you also have broadband as well as DV , is your broadband working ? 
Where is your phone instrument connected , at the rear of the BT SH2  router ( the green phone port ) or via a DV adapter  ? …..if outgoing calls work , have you called your mobile or other landline and checked that the expected phone number is displayed on your mobile or other landline ( confirming the number you are calling from is the one you are expecting ) 

If the phone number is correct ,  call your own landline number from your mobile , ( with the phone plugged into the router directly not using the DV adapter ) , even if the landline is not ‘ringing’ what happens if you lift the receiver, or press answer if it’s a cordless phone , do you get dialtone or does the call connect .

Message 4 of 15

Thank you for helping. I have tried both suggestions. no luck. I will escalate my complaint on Monday. No land line since 22 Apr 24
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Re: No telephone line working for 27 days since Digital Voice new contract!

Hi. Yes I could make out going calls.  But on a call to BT on 3rd June. They said they would give me a new telephone number to cure the problem.    As I have come to expect "they didn't"  all they did was cut my telephone off completely.   They said a new line would be switched on in two to three days.      Now I have no telephone line at all.     Very scary,  no one at BT knows what to do.    I have looked on my account on line, it says I n there that I have reported "fault cleared". Obviously I have not, so a BT agent must have done that to make them look good.   I suppose I will be left with no alternative but to look for another supplier. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Hi @Charlie1954, sorry you've been left without phone service for so long. 
I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to see what we can do to help you get it back up and running.

We are busy at the moment so it'll take a few days for us to get back to you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Where do I find your private message?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

It's ok I have found your message. Will send I formation when I get home. Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Well what can I say John.     You did a great job of getting my home from line connected.     But they have just charged me £20.20 for the line.  So my bill that should have £15. Is now £35.20............ I really can't go through to much more if this.    Is there anything you can do to get this bill corrected.    I am not well and this is making my stress worse.  

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

0 Ratings