cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Voice mail alerts

Hello,

I've just received my new digital home phone connected to my hub. However how in earth do I know if I have a voice mail message without having to constantly pick up the receiver to check?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Voice mail alerts

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Well this does not answer my question.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Just to clarify so that you are aware, despite the name "Voice Mail" it is actually just an answering machine and not a way of somebody sending you a "Voice Mail" or a message.

Obviously if you were in your property you would hear the phone ringing and answer the phone so a "Voicemail" or message would not be left on the answer machine. 

I am not sure how else you would expect to be notified whether or not you have a Voice Mail other than by picking up the phone and checking either by looking at the screen or listening to the dial tone .

You do not need to constantly check it, generally speaking you would only need to check if you have been out of your property or other wise indisposed and were unable to answer the phone your self and a "Voicemail" could have been left by a caller.

See the following link.

All about Voicemail for Digital Voice | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I.e, exactly the same as any answering machine.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

How do I know if I have a new message?

If you have a Digital Voice handset supplied with the service, the display will indicate the number of new voicemail messages that are recorded. To listen to your messages, simply press the casette key and follow the voice menu.

If you have a phone connected to the phone socket in the rear of the hub, when you have a new message you will hear an interrupted dial tone on the phone line. You will then need to dial 1571 and follow the voice menu to listen to your messages.

(from: All about Voicemail for Digital Voice | BT Help)

Richard

0 Ratings