cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Voip and paypal

Go to solution

I don't have a mobile and my landline is sent a verification code by voice when i login to paypal. When i change over to voip i will have the same number but will i still be able to receive a verification code by voip or am i snookered.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Voip and paypal

Go to solution

Previous posts suggest that DV doesn't support text messages. So just buy a cheap PAYG mobile, they can be had for under £20.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
If you're keeping your same number, then voice calls with an authorisation code will continue to reach you when you are migrated to digital voice, just as they do now on you analogue phone connection.
Increasingly however, buying some with a credit or debit card online requires authorisation to be done via the Bank's mobile phone app, so it may be that you will ultimately be forced to have a mobile phone. I'm not commenting on whether this is good or bad - just stating what increasingly seems to be the way things are going
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
"Previous posts suggest that DV doesn't support text messages. So just buy a cheap PAYG mobile, they can be had for under £20."

I don't recall analogue phones ever supporting text messages either!
The OP asked whether VOICE messages giving a code would still operate with DV.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@chrisjpwrote:
I don't recall analogue phones ever supporting text messages either!
The OP asked whether VOICE messages giving a code would still operate with DV.

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/all-about-bt-text-

By "voice" I'm assuming that @philip55 means the above service where a text message sent to an analogue landline is read out by text-to-speech software.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

For the avoidance  of confusion, DV does not support the sending or receiving of Text messages directly. However, a text message sent to a landline with DV, results in a voicemail rendition of the text message which can be retrieved by 1571.

Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

I thought with it being a fixed voip it might work like it does on my landline but seems doubtful. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks it's a voice message i receive on my landline but i doubt they do it over voip

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

I'm getting voice mail on my landline at the moment

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Did you not read my reply?

0 Ratings