cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Vulnerable customer left without landline service for a week

How can BT leave a vulnerable customer without landline service for a week? Especially as it connects them to a personal alarm system. I'm appalled at this lack of care for an elderly customer who lives alone and does not have a mobile phone.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Vulnerable customer left without landline service for a week

How would depend on what the cause of the issue is and the time needed to fix it, BT will always give extra support to the most in need, I'll ask a passing mod to have a look and see if they can offer assistance.

Have you also looked at the extra help available at www.bt.com/hereforyou

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

This isn't the first time that this happened. The response from the customer service live chat is that she might be escalated to an emergency  / priority and that seven days without service is a maximum. Both are still unacceptable.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @TSaunders,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if the repair has taken longer than expected. If you send me your details, I'll do my best to see what can be done to speed up the repair.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings