cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Will Digital Voice Adapter work with non-BT Access Point (AP) ?

Go to solution

I have full fibre and currently use a Netgear Orbi Mesh system for router and wifi.  We also use the old copper line for landline.

However, Digital Voice is now imminent for us.  Which means to continue with a home landline I'll need to swap back the Smart Hub2 as router with its wi-fi disabled, and configure the Orbi mesh system in AP (access point) mode.  Apparently, this will work - from what I've read on other forums.  

My question is, can I pair and use Digital Voice Adapters with this setup? 

It seems entirely feasible that I can pair an Adapter with the Smart Hub when it has its wifi enabled and the Orbi switched off.  But will the Adapter continue to work with the Orbi back on and SmartHub wifi disabled?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Will Digital Voice Adapter work with non-BT Access Point (AP) ?

Go to solution

Digital voice has absolutely nothing to with WiFi, it is DECT

The adapter is simply an ATA

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks @licquorice 

Forgive my ignorance here, but does that mean that Digital voice WILL work with the Hub's wifi disabled?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

yes

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.