cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

digital voice phone

Go to solution

I recently signed up for BT broadband and Digital Voice phones.  I then contacted BT to get my old number back. On the changeover date the phone ceased taking incoming calls. Two months and very many phone calls to 150 later the situation is unchanged, the phone still will not accept incoming calls although SOMEONE has cleared all the faults on the tracker site.  The account also shows a different number to the one displayed on the phone. Informed BT about this but nothing happened. Needless to say I have now changed to using my non BT mobile almost exclusively - why did I bother with dv phones in the first place! 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: digital voice phone

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Were you porting your number from another ISP or just upgrading existing BT package?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Porting from Post Office/Shell Energy, but originally was BT number.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Sorry but can you clarify 

You placed an order with BT to move your connection speed from post office to BT and that at same time you wanted to port your existing number to BT.  Are you still living at same address when BT number was originally allocated to you?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

No, we have moved about half a mile away, and had the number transferred in 1991. The Post Office was a landline only,  i.e. no internet connection.  In order to get online, an EE hybrid hub was provided by BT to enable me to get online while the BT line was activated. As you know,  you  just connect the Smart Hub when you get the go ahead.  A different number was given to the old one. The instructions for the number change were to phone 150 the following day. I was informed that there was no guarantee that the process would work!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

So this was not the standard line takeover when you move ISP. You basically gave up phone connection with post office and took out a new broadband package including phone with BT and got connected with a new phone number.  You are going to have a delay while your old number is returned to BT from post office and then available to BT.  As you are no longer at the address when number was originally allocated that may well cause a problem getting number and made more complicated by getting digital voice