cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: keeping an important landline

Go to solution

If the dialer in the alarm is loop dis only , it won’t work with DV , but as stated , the alarm company should be mitigating the change to DV , by confirming compatibility or upgrading the existing kit so that it is compatible.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@licquorice 

Some are supply only on a monthly subscription, and you are responsible for making sure there is a working phone line that does not block the outgoing CLI.  The user has to make test calls to ensure its working properly. My late father had one via Age UK, and that was self install, and they were not responsible for the end user connection.

It was quite some years ago now, and I see they now have one that does not require a phone line.

That is a total red herring. The device supplied would have needed to be compatible with a standard phone line, the specification of which is a known, as is the case now. The specification of the line has changed, alarm companies need to ensure their devices are compatible with the new specification.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Strictly speaking BT offer a telephone service for a telephone to be plugged into, for the purpose of making and receiving phone calls.
Any other 3rd party device like a burglar alarm or pendant isn't BT's responsibility, that said make sure BT know of any impairments so they are aware in advance of any extra support you might need, also take a look at www.bt.com/hereforyou

Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks 

I’ll check out if it’s loop did or tone dialling, and I’ll get in touch with the alarm provider too, to see if there’s an upgrade over wi-fi perhaps.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks 

I’ll check out if it’s loop did or tone dialling, and I’ll get in touch with the alarm provider too, to see if there’s an upgrade over wi-fi possibly 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution
That’s interesting, is this over the internet or a SIM card ?
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

I would expect it to be tone dialling for connection speed. Also they tend to use handshake tones with the alarm centre to identify the calling unit. So provided they are not distorted by being passed over VOIP, it should work.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

@circuitbender 

https://personalalarms.ageco.co.uk/pages/digital-no-landline-personal-alarm

"The Digital Personal Alarm is a good choice if you are concerned about how you would get help in an emergency from around the home and you don't have a telephone landline, or want an in-home personal alarm that is unaffected by the telephone network's digital switchover."

0 Ratings