Message 1 of 8

landline

Go to solution

No phone connection for a MONTH - 67 cuctobers on same exchange with same problem

End date gets shuffled

Supplier gets pushed around by OR

No mobile signal available here as alternative

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: landline

Go to solution

@OldGoat 

Are you a BT Retail customer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
No - tries supplier who sends me pages of unformatted text from OR none of which gives any answer.
Promised completion date at gets changed a flick of a switch by OR. Mobile dead spot here so cant divert call.
Supplier unwilling to take issue with BT/OR and anyway doesn't work on Sundays.
I was content to be patient, but a month wait for a REPAIR is riddiculous in 2023...
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

this is a customer forum for BT Retail customers.  there is no link from here to openreach  you need to post on your own supplier forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
You're absolutely correct of course....
However, being of a practical nature I'm trying to find any avenue whic can offer a work around.
HOWEVER, it does no escape my notice - and others who have had similar problems, that BT has quite cleverly insulated any shortcomings by hiding behind layers of Process and the like.....
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @OldGoat

Thank you for your posts and welcome back.

Sorry to see you're having service problems.  The advice @imjolly gave you is correct.  There is no alternative avenue you can use, I'm afraid.  It's your service provider's responsibility to contact (and escalate) with Openreach regarding the delayed repair of your services.  This is the same process we would use for our customers. 

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Can you please explain how it is BT Retails fault if there is a problem affecting all suppliers that use the Openreach infrastructure.

As regards BT Retail "hiding", what exactly is your supplier doing about the issue? That is a rhetorical question because it is clearly not a lot! 

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

If there are 67 customers of various CP’s affected by the same fault , then OR will be prioritising the repair , not least be because of the compensation OR will have to pay to these CP’s , but there are somethings that cannot be expedited, like noticing the council should road closures ( for example ) be required.
As already said , you are not a BT customer, so really have no reason to post here , Openreach and BT are not one and the same entity and interchangeable, your provider whoever it is , almost certainly vetoed a suggestion years ago by Openreach that they (OR) should be allowed to communicate directly with consumers in certain circumstances…..also your suggestion that ‘BT’ hide behind these processes couldn’t be more wrong , the process employed is the one Ofcom , after lobbying by the likes of Sky and Talk Talk , obliges Openreach and the CP’s  it supplies to use.