cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Amazon devices

Go to solution

Has anyone experienced difficulty connecting Amazon devices ie Echo dot and Ring Doorbell? I have both and neither will connect to my WiFi, I’m going through all the setup process without issue, they see my network but when it comes to entering my WiFi password every time it comes up with incorrect password, I’ve done a factory reset on both devices but the issue remains.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Amazon devices

Go to solution

Try logging onto the Smarthub and turn off the 5Ghz then make the connection to your devices and once connected turn the 5Ghz back on.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for the reply, I’ve tried that and it’s the same issue, I’ve even tried turning off the 2.5 ghz and doing the same. I’ve contacted Amazon and awaiting reply

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

A basic check, I take it you are logging onto your BT hub's name (SSid) and not BTWifi and you are using the wireless password/passkey and not the Admin password.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Yeah that’s correct.

I also did a factory reset on the hub in the hope that with no other devices connected it might let me connect.

I’m going to ring BT technical support hoping it’s just an issue with this particular hub and a replacement will sort out the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

The problem has now been sorted, it was a simple matter of logging into the hub and changing the network key to a more simpler one

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

That does not sound like a good idea to me. The simpler the key the easier to hack!

I would be complaining to the manufactures of the devices that if their devices can not handle the alpha numeric 12 characters contained in the wireless key on the BT hub their devices are poorly protected.

0 Ratings