cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Apple HomePod

I've just got one of the new HomePods which keeps telling me is having problems connecting to the internet. Apple can't help because it is an internet issue but the HomePod did tell me that it was blocked some peer to peer access by the HomeHub I have.

I have obviously had a google but can anyone help with advice that doesn't read like you need a degree in programming to fix?!

Thanks so much.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Apple HomePod

In the Home app can you get through to the settings for the HomePod? Does is it show the correct wifi ssid?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

It does, yes. And shows full bars??

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Can you screen shot the "peer to peer" message you are getting?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I've not had that message again, now it just says unable to join Wi-Fi. Apple suggests forgetting the network on your phone, rejoining and then setting it up again. That didn't work!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

If you are trying to connect two devices in ad-hoc mode rather than via the router, make sure both devices are using the same wifi band. Turn off the 5Ghz band temporarily on the hub to force use of the 2.4Ghz band.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Do I do that in Hub Manager? It looks like most of the house is set to 5 Ghz. It won't upset anything else by doing that will it??

Thank you.

0 Ratings