cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT Extender Flex 600

Go to solution

@Longshankswrote:

Many thanks. V helpful and clear. I’m WFH at moment, so will try later this evening. May I just ask three quickies?

Should the data light appear on each of the units once they’ve reset? 

Once you have distributed the units to wherever you want them to go and one has a connection to the router then the Power and Data LEDs' should light up after a short delay while they negotiate a connection (see step 2 of the manual)

When pairing, do I need to have the slaves connected via ethernet? (Guess master has your be connected to router?)

As stated in my previous message,  neither of them need a connection to the router for pairing.

Do I need to use the link button at all during pairing? (Manual suggest not)

If I understand your messages correctly you currently have two pairs of extenders which were purchased at different times, the factory reset will reset the pairings as they were when they left the factory so, if you can identify them in their pairs, the unit that came with the one you chose as master should automatically work without further ado.
The other two will have to be paired to the one chosen as the master following the "How to add more Powerline extenders to your existing network" routine in the user manual.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Noted re first two responses. 

Yep, I’ve left the first two units in their original sockets. RU saying that the “original slave” should automatically work its respective master without resetting and pairing? (I tried to revive these after removing the new kids on the block, but couldn’t get them to pair again)

I’ll try and connect the new ones using the manual process. (Didn’t work first time around) 

Just getting confused, as manual process seems to be:

1. Don’t need link button to pair first two extenders.

2. Need only when adding extras into mix?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

There's no such thing as a master and slave with regard to these units, it's just terminology which most people can relate to and therefore simplifies explanations.

If we regard the contents of each box as one master unit and one slave unit then the two units that come in the same box should automatically communicate with each other without any need for pairing or anything else but the two units in one box (lets call them the new ones that you have recently bought)  will not automatically communicate with the other pair (the existing pair of units), you need to follow the "How to add more Powerline extenders to your existing network of the user manual to achieve that.

The problem is that if the original network (the two existing extenders) aren't talking to one another then any attempt to add additional units is doomed to failure, hence the need for the factory reset on all four units, so that you can start with what should then be four good working adapters

Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Sorted. Key was pairing all three “slaves” in same double socket as existing one. (Master in this case) It’s mentioned in the manual, but I assumed that limited slave to that location. 

Only problem we now have is green lights in bedroom while trying to sleep. I wonder if you can switch socket off without upsetting the Apple cart, so to speak?

Many thanks for your time and knowledge.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

A strip of insulation tape over the front will put paid to the LEDs

Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Noted. Ta

0 Ratings