cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

BT Hub and TV wifi connection

would anyone know why a brand new JVC tv only watched a couple of times won’t connect to a new BT Smart Hub 2? we had it before we changed our router and it was connected fine and working with the old router, hasn’t worked since router got

changed to new BT Smart Hub 2 and we’ve had that almost a year. rang Curry’s (where I bought TV) a while ago and they couldn’t help, wouldn’t help me because i hadn’t paid “guarantee protection” or something that’s nothing to do with wifi connection and also asked a friend who worked in Curry’s but she was unsure. I’ve tried pushing WPS on both routers (main and extender), connecting to other networks, resetting, everything, no luck. The TVs been watched about five times prior to this so it’s nothing to do with overuse or age.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Hub and TV wifi connection

Make sure you are using the Smarthub 2 SSid (name) and the wireless password, not the admin password that can be found on the label on the Smarthub 2.

You may have to factory reset the TV to clear out the settings from your old connection.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

That sounds like a very well known problem that's been asked on this forum countless times.

Try telling the TV to forget any and all Wi-Fi connections then
Open the hub manager from a browser (192.168.1.254
Temporarily disable the 5GHz network from Advanced Settings
Set the WI-Fi up again
Restore the 5GHz network

End

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Yeah I wouldn’t be using the admin password as I’ve been using that you get access to the Hub Manager to try solve this problem with still no avail. Thanks for your help 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

factory reset will not work on this TV without internet connection - thanks
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Thank you- still no luck with this method. Considering contacting BT
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

I find that hard to believe. 

I suggest you do a search on how to "hard reset JVC TV" and follow the instructions.

Message 8 of 19

Cannot possibly believe an internet connection is required to factory reset a tv

Message 9 of 19

On home screen when you go to settings it gives system. I’ve followed previous videos and info on resetting tv via hard factory reset and have attempted soft reset as well, in the videos it says in system you will be given an advanced settings option where you can select “Factory reset” and “Factory reset everything”, my TV doesn’t have this option in System. It has a reset menu option which when clicked shows “ ! No Internet Access! Please check your connections and settings” 🤷🏽‍♀️
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Post a bit more detail about your network setup, e.g.

I’ve tried pushing WPS on both routers (main and extender), connecting to other networks, resetting, everything, no luck. The TVs been watched about five times prior to this so it’s nothing to do with overuse or age.

Possibilities include IP address clash and running more than one DHCP server on the same network. 

Assuming that the SH2 is the first router (the one with the WAN connection), try turning the other router off (move the TV closer to the hub if you have to).

If that works then turn the other back on and see what happens

EDIT: Can you see the present IP address in network settings and if so is it in the 169 range?

0 Ratings