cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Wifi Disc - Red Flashing Light

Go to solution

I have had the BT Wifi Disc for over a year now with no issues but this morning when I switched it on the light went from purple to flashing red.  I rebooted it - no luck. I have also re-connected it to the hub via an ethernet cable and it stays blue whilst it is plugged into it but as soon as I take it off the hub it just keeps flashing red.  I have also tried the factory reset on the disc but again as soon as it is disconnected from the hub it goes back to flashing red and never goes back to blue again - any suggestions or does it seem like it might just be faulty and I will need a replacement?

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Wifi Disc - Red Flashing Light

Go to solution

Hi @Slaycj that does sound like it's faulty. If you get in touch with a guide Fix broadband | BT Help they'll be able to organise a replacement.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, I’m having exactly the same problem. Did you manage to get it sorted/replaced? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
They are not designed to be switched on and off as and when you need them, but left on, so they receive any updates during the night.
Try switching off your router off for 5 minutes, switch it back on, once it’s blue, plug the disc in to the hub again via an Ethernet cable and then pin reset it again.
Leave it plugged in for about 15 minutes as it may do any updates it’s missed, then try moving it again.
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
I never turn my disc off, it’s been constantly connected for over a year but has suddenly lost connection and flashes red. I will try what you’ve suggested and see if it works. Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi there, did you get a resolution to this issue please? One of my 3 discs has started doing this today after  a year or so flawless operation. Tried the reboot routine but it's still doing it. Faulty unit I suppose?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Hello, yes I managed to sort my disc out following Tony’s advice above. Hope it works for you mate 🤞🏻
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi

Thanks yes I managed to get it back on by rebooting the router and the disc. Once connected I now leave it on all the time and it has worked fine since.

Thanks for all the advice 

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks all, fixes didn't work for me so I used the BT online chat and they're sending me a new disc out.

0 Ratings