cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Broadband problems after 2 hours

Hi, yesterday (19/01/22) was my broadband switch over day from sky and it’s not gone smoothly, smart hub 2 set up, waited 30mins for the digital voice to be set up. Made a phone call and all seemed good. 2 hours after setup, no internet and no phone. Constant orange light on home hub, checked all the cables, I even took faceplate off master socket and plugged directly into test socket with filter, still solid orange light. Customer services are next to useless, nearest appointment for engineer is 3rd feb!!!!! 
So what’s the fix for the solid orange light? Some searches have suggested that it’s a computer error with the change over. The guy on the phone (Abdul) has said it’s  a fault in my property! (What’s the chance of a fault on exactly the same day as my change over? Very slim I’d say), thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband problems after 2 hours

@Walburt 

You should get a quicker visit, as this would be classed as an Early Life Failure and should be dealt with within 48 hours.

Message 3 of 4

We are coming to the end of our self isolation (we are all clear) but I explained to Abdul that it’s not a problem with our property and the engineer doesn’t need to come in the property, I’ve even tried another brand new smart hub 2 (partner has changed hers at the same time). 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Just call customer services again, you will get a different advisor.

0 Ratings