cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Changing to 2.4ghz but mobile cant connect to wifi, get access denied

Go to solution

Hi,

I'm having problems with my wifi security cameras so had to reset them and connect again.

I'm using a smart hub 2 so I know I cant split the frequencies so have disabled the 5ghz and left 2.4ghz on.

Now when I try and connect to my wifi using my mobile - android I keep getting access denied even though I know I'm using the correct password

I even removed the saved network name and tried connecting again using the correct password but still get a access denied message.

I turned the 5ghz back on, added the network name back after using the correct password and was able to connect...any ideas why I keep getting a access denied when I only have 2.4ghz enabled please - I tried 2 different android phones with no luck

I used the instructions below

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Disabling-5Ghz-on-the-Smart-Hub-2/m-p/1992466

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Changing to 2.4ghz but mobile cant connect to wifi, get access denied

Go to solution

Try telling the phone to forget the network once again and restart it.

Factory reset the hub.

Turn off the 5GHz from Wireless

Try pairing the phone again.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Do your phones have the ability to connect to either 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz or both? If it does ensure that the option to connect to both is selected.

Which make and model of phones are you using?

Can your phones connect to 2.Ghz on other networks such as at a friend's house?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

sorry for the late update.

I managed to resolve the issue now.

I had problems with my phone connecting to 2.4 as mentioned but then changed the mode setting under 2.4ggz to 3 from 1, still couldn't connect then rebooted the router and was then able to connect to 2.4ghz and setup the cameras...thanks for the replies that I received.

0 Ratings