cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Connect BT Smart Hub To Smart Bulb

Go to solution

Hi, I'm having a lot of problems connecting a smart bulb to my home network.

I have a Smart Hub.  I know that the bulb needs to be connected to a 2.4ghz network.  I've gone into the Hub manager and switched off the 5ghz network thinking that would leave only the 2.4 ghz network needed for the bulb.  However, I've tried several times and can't connect the bulb to my phone.  This has included restarting the Hub, again without sucsess.

I feel this should be much easier and would appreciate any help.  Thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Connect BT Smart Hub To Smart Bulb

Go to solution

I have an SH2 and I didn't need to mess around disabling the 5GHz to get a connection, everything was straight forward.

Presumably you've downloaded the bulb manufacturers app to your phone?

You need to put the bulb in pairing mode, with mine this meant switching it on and off rapidly until it started flashing (5 times comes to mind).

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Yes, have downloaded the app to my phone (it's PlusMinus).  Bulb seemed to go into pairing mode without any difficulty, it just couldn't connect to the app.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Try doing a factory reset of the bulb and moving it closer to the hub for pairing and then move it to where you want it to go once it's paired

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Tried resetting the bulb without success.  Also tried the solution here (https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Smart-bulbs-not-connecting-on-the-Smart-hub-2/td-p/20920...) to move to mode 3, again without success.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

It sounds like you have a faulty bulb

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
I have a number of PlusMinus lights in the house. Usually the app finds them straight away, but on a couple of them I did need to put them into AP mode and follow that route instead. Note: if you're using your phone to set them up then also turn off your mobile data, otherwise your phone knows the WiFi in AP mode has no internet so stops the app from using it.
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I eventually managed to connect using AP mode so thanks for your help. Can't help thinking it should be a lot easier to connect but there you go. 

0 Ratings