cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Connecting my ASUS RT-AX68U

Go to solution

Hello,

I have tried to find this answer but no joy.

I have just moved from Virgin where I had to set their router into modem mode and then connect my router (ASUS RT-AX86U) to it and all works as expected.

Since moving to BT today I didn't want to use the SH2. I have connected the ASUS to the ONT in the house but I'm not getting internet, when I tried with the SH2 I did. 

Am I missing something here? I'm on the Full Fibre 500 package so that will be FTTP. 

First time posting, sorry if I've missed information

TIA

Joe

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Connecting my ASUS RT-AX68U

Go to solution

The answer has been posted countless times on the forum so no idea why you couldn't find it.

You need to configure the PPPoE credentials with the generic details of username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password BT

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@licquorice thanks for the reply. 

I have done that but no joy, the ASUS router GUI is showing showing as network cable unplugged even though it is plugged in and lights are on for both the ONT and the router.

Thanks for you patience 

Joe

7A4D6E0A-D50D-48B3-92D1-C6F43234BC4A.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Have you done a reset of the router?

you are using the router wan port?

Have you tried the quick set up option on the router? The connection type is pppoe

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
I rebooted through the GUI but it made no difference. I then power cycled the router and I'm up and running! What a tool I am -_-.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

0 Ratings