cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 23

Re: DC UPS (Battery Backup) for ONT, Router and Raspberry Pi4b

You've been having a go at me this entire thread and I'm really upset 😋

My house doesnt have any rubber insulation anymore, I was just affable to avoid going back and forth too much about it, clearly you know what you are talking about and being aware of the risks is important. On that though, I am already aware of the risk Lithium Ion batteries present, but I then have an adequate enough faith in the product that I do not feel I am risking my house, anyones life more than any other device that already exists here.

On top of that I have environmental monitoring in my home lab with a camera and they gives me further piece of mind.

But....if this is deemed to be a reckless post almost recommending the use of a product that you feel to be wholly unsafe then its good for anyone reading this to get a balance, in fact I wouldnt mind if the mods just removed it if they deem fit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 23

I really don't think anyone was "having a go at you" so please don't take offence at some of the replies.
Each to his own of course and I accept that we operate many appliances and devices in our houses that could cause a fire. But personally I don't operate any of these when I'm not in the house. If a fire starts I want to be there to deal with it. The only things I leave on when the house is empty are the BT SH2 and my 4 Wholehome WiFi discs. Each of these is of course powered by a small plugin transformer, but I judge the risk of any of these catching fire is minimal.
If I used it, the SKE Mini UPS would also have to be left on when the house is empty, and the presence of a lithium battery in it, constantly on charge, does seem to me like an increased risk of fire. I fully accept, though, that other people will come to different conclusions on this risk and be completely happy with using this UPS.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 23

@chrisjp I'm not offended at all, that statement was a complete joke, I just have a dry sense of humour and I didnt want the thread to turn into one side against the other, considering I am okay and you guys are not, and thats all it is really, we dont need to go on and the more it goes on the less serious my replies get, in fact Im going to unsubscribe now to avoid taking the bait.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings