cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Don't know how to connect TP Link router to ONT

Go to solution

Hello,

I just signed up with BT FTTP and I'm trying to bypass the homehub entirely and just connect the ONT to my router as it has a much better wireless range.

It's a TP-Link Archer C80 and from what I've read it's possible to connect that directly to the ONT. I did try to do it myself by checking previous forum posts but I can't really figure it out.

If someone could walk me through the basic steps required I would really appreciate it.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Don't know how to connect TP Link router to ONT

Go to solution

Just connect the TP Link wan port to the ONT and configure the PPPoE settings to the generic username of bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password BT.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Yousuf1 and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting. @rbz5416 and @licquorice advice is sound. Please give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@rbz5416 @licquorice @DavidM 

Thanks for your replies it worked instantly! I don't want to create another post for a simple question but do the IPV6 settings also seem fine?

Screenshot 2022-03-14 231147.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Yes, check that your devices are getting IPv6 addresses to be sure.  You need to tick Manually set DNS servers if you wish to use the Google servers you have entered. BT use IPv4 DNS servers to resolve IPv6 addresses.

https://ipv6-test.com/ is a good test site to check if IPv6 is working ok.