cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Frustrating!!

I have ordered broadband for my elderly mother so that she can have an Alexa function in order to assist with her day to day life. I paid for an engineer to call on the same day as the kit arrived. On that day I got a text cancelling the engineer and that they would rebook. This was 2 weeks ago and day after day I get emails nagging me to set up the system. My mother does not know how to do it, nor do I, which is why I paid for an engineer. Today's email states that I must do it by end of play, Where's my engineer. I'm so angry as its making my mum anxious 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Frustrating!!

Have you ordered FTTC fibre to the street cab and existing copper line to your mother's home?

Have you tried connecting the BT hub to the phone line with the cable provided?  It is basically plug and play

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Ok, forgive me but your reply was just white noise to me, I have no clue what needs to be done, hence employing an expert to do the job for us.. 😂 I probably have a friend who could do it but having paid for the engineer... You see where I'm going.....

I appreciate your reply, thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

If the broadband is for your elderly mother does she qualify here as that works out much cheaper for same connection 

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

BT are on strike to day so could be few days before back to normal .  You should really try just plugging hub into power supply then using the cable to then connect the hub to the phone so let on the wall. There is nothing more your need to do

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

You can't be any worse off by connecting it yourself. You can't do any damage.