cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 51

Re: Full Fibre 900 - 40mbps?

Thanks iniltous. 

Yeah I am the first FTTP. The flats in this street are all housing association so had issues with BT drilling into them so i managed to convince them and I am sort of the guinea pig. Nah I tried their red ethernet cable and my own as well but i've tried everything that at this stage its something to do with the box. It feels like its artifically bottlenecked tho cuz my upload speed is close to 70mbps....download fluctuates from 30-55mbps. yeh I've reported to BT and theyre going to phone me shortly to do some tests. They need me to connect my phone etc to the router so hopefully it means theyre able to see the speed my devices are getting also.

Appreciate the response

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 51

Hi @THECOYOTE99,

How did you get on getting this investigated? If you still need help, please post back and I can take a look at this for you.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 51

Engineer arrives tomorrow

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 51

I was using Cat5 cable prior to the second engineer visit. The difference was unbelievable. Speed went from less than 100 to over 300Mb/s
0 Ratings
Message 35 of 51

Tried that but the wifi the mobile phones are getting 10mbps. Something seriously wrong with the installation

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 51

Hi @THECOYOTE99,

Please keep us update and let us know how things go with the engineer today.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 51

@THECOYOTE99 

I am sure you are already aware of this, 40-60 MegaBytes a second = 320 to 480 MegaBits a second, and that you are not measuring your download speed in MegaBytes a second?

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 51

I'm measuring it in whatever fast.com is measuring lol
0 Ratings
Message 39 of 51

Ok so engineer arrived and read the settings. Wifi reading 120mbps and hard connection reading 50mbps. He says its a faulty box so he's allegedly escalated it to openreach but just got a text saying "we hear your broadband is now working great" and its not.  Hope openreach has been contacted

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 51

So who visited ? , presumably it was a BT ‘home tech expert’ and not an Openreach engineer, if they supposedly passed the report onto Openreach.
Are you saying that this BT technician obtained over WiFi,   120Mb ( presumably you mean Mb and not mb ) but on a wired connection the speed obtained was 50Mb , WiFi has nothing to do with the ONT , so what is the faulty ‘box’ , is it the ONT or the router ?, a higher speed over WiFi compared to a wired connection cannot be the ONT , and although the ONT  could potentially be the cause of poor speed it cannot account for WiFi being ‘faster’ than a wired connection , that could only be the router, 

0 Ratings