cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 31

Re: Full Fibre - which hub?

Go to solution

The Mods are very good so just reply to @NeilO's message & sit tight. They're only a small team so may be a few days before they get to you, but they should be able to sort it.

Message 22 of 31

Go to solution

Totally appreciate all the advice and happy to cancel if I need to. Didn't move to fibre 900 to be flash, it was offered at £49.99 with 3 months free which seemed a great deal when I am paying £41.74 for fibre 2 and phone line and 1 disc, a little more expensive but balanced by the free 3 months. 50mb or 900 makes no difference if I can't get a decent signal. Happy to invest in extenders if anyone has one to recommend that plugs in without needing to sit on a shelf or my hallway carpet #firstworldproblems   and do feel for the BT advisors who are probably dealing with the challenges of being part of a bigger group ! 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 31

Go to solution

Listening to advice.  I could stay on current package fibre 2 50mb with 1 disc and phone for £42, instead of upgrading to top package fibre 900, as I will be totally wireless, I may be better off with fibre 150 at £35.99 with 3 months free as I will never get to the 900 speeds whilst on wireless and then I could buy extenders which I will need anyway. 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 31

Go to solution

The SH2 is trash and the weekest link in the chain with BT's attempt to deliver its ultrafast FTTP service.

It suffers random reboots and/or crashes in my experience every 2-4 weeks to probably mask poor software / memory leaks.

If you have Digital Voice you're stuck with that SH2 junk and a 24 month contract.

If you dont have Digital Voice - swap it out for a non-BT router and send it back to BT so they can "recycle it" to another sorry customer

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 31

Go to solution

Yes I have replied to his message. Appreciate all the assistance 

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 31

Go to solution

Difficult finding plug in discs, let alone a different route but all recommendations appreciated

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 31

Go to solution

An example of what I referenced is the TP-Link TL-WPA7617 KIT. You then just add as many extra WiFi plugs as you need. I would prefer a mesh system but I'm not aware of any that are self-contained into a mains plug.

But if you just wait for the Mods it's highly likely that you won't have to fret over finding alternatives to the BT discs.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 31

Go to solution

That's great.  What's the difference with a mesh system ..... completely non techy here 

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 31

Go to solution

A mesh system just gives seamless handover between nodes as you wander about with a mobile device. Some folks think that it is important.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 31

Go to solution

Hi @ItsJustMe

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me again this afternoon.

I am sorry for the confusion around your recent order.  I know you spent a lot of your time on this and I really appreciate that.  That's you on a Full Fibre Complete Wi-fi package now and the discs are on route to you too.  Have a look at your order confirmation email to confirm the estimated delivery of the discs.

As I've resolved everything for you I'll go ahead and close this off from here, as agreed.  If you should need help or have a question about your services in future, feel free to come back on as you're more than welcome 🙂

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings