cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Geographicical location

Go to solution

Can someone answer me why my geographical location changes location every IP address change to a location miles away from me wales - Scotland - England in different places.

It will only once find my location with these ip changes to my city.

It is really annoying because it is also giving the same location on warzone in games.

If I check whatsmyipaddress the location is always somewhere else why won’t it stick to my location, I have FTTP 900 top spec pc and router. 
please help

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Geographicical location

Go to solution

@Bytheway 

Your location is determined by which POP (Point Of Presence)  node you are connected to, which can be anywhere in the UK.

Each time your IP address changes, you are likely to get a different location. Your IP address would most likely to change if you restart or disconnect your home hub.

Some location services like Google, allow you to update your true location using a GPS connected phone, and going into Google maps.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi thank you for the response it makes sense but is there any other methods to update my location.

I restart the router a dozen times until it gives me my location Manchester then it will give me the same location on warzone  !?.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If you leave the BT Home Hub alone, once you get the location you want, then it should not change.

Short of adding a GPS dongle to your PC, and getting Windows 10/11 to use that as your location, I cannot see any other way.

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Ok thanks for that mate.

0 Ratings