cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Home Hub 2 ports

Hi all!

Been having issurs lately with my home hub flashing purple on an evening. 

Only way I can get back online is by powering off and on!

I read on here about only using port 1 on the smart hub 2.

Is this correct?

I am currently using 3 ports, and wondered if this could be the issue??

Thanks in advance!!!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Hub 2 ports

with SH2 you can use all 4 ports but port 4 doubles as WAL/LAN for customers on FTTP who use as WAN via a toggle switch in hub advanced settings

if still problems then I would try factory reset using recessed button on back and pressing/holding for 20/30 secs until hub lights flash

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks imjolly,
Would you recommend just using ports 1 - 3 then?

Also, not to sound too stupid, but what do you mean by 'WAL/LAN for customers on FTTP who use as WAN' - I am not very technical!!!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

if you are on FTTP - fibre to the home then there is a white modem - ONT - installed and your hub connects to that using ethernet cable and must connect to port 4 as WAN not lan port.  you can use all ports as long as not on FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.