cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Home Hub 2 problems with Hub Manager

When displaying devices connected to my network on the Hub Manager I can see that some devices are shown twice with identical content (same IP and Mac etc). Some of these devices have meaningless names so I want to edit them but am unable to do so because when trying to save the change it says conflicting IP addresses! How to fix this and get a sensible list where each device is only shown once and can then be edited if required.

Stuart

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home Hub 2 problems with Hub Manager

Its a "feature/bug" on all of the home hubs.

Nothing you can do about it.

A factory reset of the home hub will remove all of the existing entries, so you can start again.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

What rubbish design. Someone in BT needs to get their act together and provide a properly designed router to replace this rubbish. Roll on contract end and I can move ISP to somewhere where I can either have a decent router or run my own. Not something I can do at present as I have digital voice. 😡

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Its a legacy issue, and started with the original home hub 1.

One solution is to turn off the DHCP server on the home hub, and use a separate DHCP server. When I had the original home hub 1, I used a wireless access point to provide DHCP.

I just have an ADSL connection with a TP link router, and use a TP link Deco E4 mesh to provide connectivity. This has an accurate full network map showing every device, the signal level, and which node its connected to.

You can use the Deco with any router, even with the Smart Hub 2 (wireless turned off).

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

That only fixes it for the devices which use DHCP and does not solve it for ones cable connected to the router!

Stuart

0 Ratings