cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

How do I get a domain removed from BT DNS blacklist?

One of our domains is being blacklisted by BT. Currently for BT customers it resolves to 81.130.111.239 rather than the correct IP addresses, which I presume is BT's blackhole IP.

Where do we request for domains to be removed from such blacklists. Also if BT subscribes to some external blacklist providers, it would be really helpful to find out which it is on just in case I need to contact other service providers.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: How do I get a domain removed from BT DNS blacklist?

Hi, @mk-ten welcome to the community and thanks for posting, what's the URL of the domain that's being blocked?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Hi Neil,

All the domains are subdomains of tenconcierge.net. One of the example domains is api.tenconcierge.net.

Thanks

Musaul

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Hi @mk-ten you can raise this with BT by emailing categorisation@bt.com 

I noticed the 403 error appears to be generated by CloudFront have you also raised this with your domain provider?

Thanks

Neil

Message 5 of 14

The 403 is deliberate. Only specific URL paths handle requests within that domain. But if you are getting a 403 rather than the DNS request coming back with the BT internal IP, I guess it's been removed from the BT blacklist. Would you know which blacklist providers BT uses? The only provider that has removed us from the blacklist today was Neustar. It would be good to know if I need to contact other DNS/Blacklist providers.

Regardless, thanks for looking into this for me.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Hello,

I'm having the same problem and needs help asap.

I've emailed BT (saferbrowsing@bt.com) twice in the past month with no luck. I'm a web designer and my clients website - no12hotelandbistro.co.uk - is being blocked from BT users when it shouldn't be.

Customers are calling to inform the site is down, so business is being lost.

Is there anything else I can do to sort this out?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Hmm, Malwarebytes doesn't like it.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

The website was hacked last December. The site has been completely rebuilt from scratch and definitely doesn't contain any malware. Can the results from the malware scanning websites pick up files from that long ago? It just doesn't make sense.

I've duplicated the website and popped it on a temp url and when I search this url - https://lisad149.sg-host.com/ - in virustotal.com there's no malware. So it has to be a domain name thing?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Malwarebytes is happy with that too.

Not sure where the problem is but not BT. I'm using Google DNS btw.

0 Ratings