Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NER
Contributor
Message 21 of 28

Re: Hybrid Connect - Not working

Go to solution

Well that didnt work, - so sending it bax, seems BT are locking this usage some how

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 22 of 28

Go to solution

Hi @NER I think that's probably the best idea, the Hybrid Connect is a subscription service so you have to opt for our Halo 3+ plan for it to work.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
newtonmj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 28

Go to solution

So is unplugging the line a valid test for a working Halo 3+ ?

I have a subscription, a Hybrid Connect unit supplied by BT which I configured myself and everything seems fine, but I don't know if the 4g will kick in should the fibre link fail - except blind faith. How do I satisfy myself that I'm covered? Unplug the line?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 28

Go to solution

Yes, unplugging the line should cause a switch to the Hybrid Connect unit.

Message 25 of 28

Go to solution

I can confirm that this testing process works but requires a bit of patience.

When you unplug your broadband line, wait for the SmartHub status light to turn SOLID PURPLE (several minutes). Then confirm that the  Hybrid unit centre light is SOLID BLUE and the 4G Bars WHITE.

Once I had waited for these steps to progress automatically, my network (including ethernet and wifi connections direct and via discs) operated "normally".

By way of comparison, my connection dropped from 49MB Down / 9MB Up to 27MB Down / 5MB Up, the latter achieved with my Hybrid connected wirelessly (15M from the Hub in another room), showing 2 Bars of 4G signal.

Reassuring to know that, in the event of an outage, my setup will provide a reasonable backup. 

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 28

Go to solution

One final point, I did find that when re-connecting broadband the SmartHub needed to be re-booted.  It was still SOLID Purple after 15 minutes. Unclear whether this is normal or if the Hub should revert to normal operation automatically once a connection/signal is restored.

0 Ratings
Yamas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 28

Go to solution
Not entirely related, but I had lots of issues after upgrading to Halo3 (speed below 100Mbps, drop outs etc). BT engineer actually said to me the Hybrid Connect devices were not that well tested with the new service, and he suggested I only activate IF the DSL line drops (ahem)!!
However, ignoring that, DON'T USE CAT7 to connect the Smart Hub to the Hybrid connect (I thought it may improve things - it stopped failing over properly and I would see a tonne of WAN logs of connections until it synched at 1Gb, but no ability to connect to the internet). Back to Cat5, single sync log entry. Just in case that helps if you're wired.
0 Ratings
Yamas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 28

Go to solution
Further update - even with a Cat6 I still see quite a few negotiations (far less) as 0Mpbs - might be the recent firmware update causing it. Fails over correctly on cat6 though.
0 Ratings