cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 68

Re: Hybrid connect red flashing bars

Hi, there have been a lot of EE 4g outages. I’m currently having the same issue however my hybrid main light is white. Bt hub is flashing purple instead of solid purple ( my broadband is not activated yet). BT have advised EE are having mass outages across the UK. I was advised my location would be resolved yesterday but the issue is still ongoing. BT now have advised they cannot  provide a resolution time. Thanks 

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 68

texted help and then spoke to advisor, told him the saga and that others affected also. He was very helpful

(he did say something similar happened earlier this year)

He spoke to hub connect team who spoke to me. They looked inside the hub.

reset hub - no change

reset router - no chnage

Outcome:  new bybrid on way and if not fixed then router chnage

hybrid expected tomorrow will update then

Happy to post here, especially if it helps anyone else.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 68

To be honest, I think you'll see a repeat of what happened to me.  Plugged in, was all good then issue happened on new device.  

Still waiting on them contacting me back.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 68

I'm expecting the same result

Will update after setting up hopefu;llt tomorrow

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 68

Yep - I have exactly the same issue, solid bliue circle but three red flashing bars which suggests the Hybrid Connect cannot find a 4G signal. Reported it to BT on Monday 06/12 and the fella said "every call I have taken this morning is this issue"  He then went on to say that it is due to EE outages nationwide but the info he had was that it would be fixed within 24 hrs. Advice was to leave the Hybrid Connect switched on and it would eventually connect to 4G once EE had solved the outage problems. Still got the same problem and the 24 hour deadline has passed.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 68

This hasn't got anything to do with EE outage . My BT business 4G dongle has great EE signal . The red flashing signal bar lights are on the Hybrid Connect hardware but the hub manger states that the Hybrid has good signal with solid blue bars . Spoke to a BT rep this morning that says it is a known issue and is related to software issues

Message 27 of 68

It's nothng to do with EE outages of course. My bars have been flashing since the upgrade on 25th Nov as have others who have posted on here

Message 28 of 68

Re: Hybrid Connect red flashing bars

Hi All,

I'm sorry if you're having problems with your Hybrid Connect (HC) device.

Please can you check your Hub firmware version, it must be v0.27.07.07281 or higher for Smart Hub 2.

1. Please disconnect HC from Hub (if connected via Ethernet). 
  2. Factory reset HC by pressing the pinhole reset button at the back for 15 seconds
  3. HC will go through its boot process, once it's done (when the BT logo starts flashing green), connect the Ethernet cable between HC and the Hub.

Please make sure to use Ethernet and not WiFi. The Hub must have an active internet/broadband connection.

Leave HC connected for at least 30 minutes. It will go through the firmware upgrade process (indicated by the White LED on the BT Logo). The upgrade process is done when the HC reboots and pairs to the Hub successfully (indicated by steady Blue LED on the BT Logo of the HC).

Please give that a try and let me know how you get on?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 68

Just received a voicemail from support team.  Now being categorised as a known software issue. 

Although the bars are flashing red, the device may still have full functionality.  They are working on a software fix and said they would be in touch when they know more so I think our suspicions have finally been confirmed.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 68

Re: Hybrid Connect red flashing bars

Tried all these before contacting BT and also yesterday when on phone to support

No change at all

0 Ratings