cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 55

Re: IPv6 on TP-Link Archer AX95 with BT Full Fibre

Go to solution

I believe it is something to do with this /56 prefix because even with prefix delegation enabled it keeps flipping from an fe80 to a 20 address and it says /64 on the end, it's totally glitched.

(they just need to allow users to define the prefix instead of detecting it which obviously isn't working correctly).

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 55

Go to solution

Nicely spotted, I don't think it'll make a difference, corrected nonetheless.

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 55

Go to solution

So I'm actually making some progress, using "non-address" on WAN side and DHCPv6 on LAN side, and a couple of reboots.

One problem however, it's assigning 1 IPv6 Address to 2 devices at a time, (I suspect because of the /56 prefix BT uses and the AX95 still detecting /64).

So only half of my devices are getting IPv6 functionality and able to test on test-ipv6.com 🙄.

TP-Link support is going to try sort it out (we'll see, IMO it needs a firmware update).

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 55

Go to solution
I'm just wondering if this will be my next issue: setting a local IPv6 address as the DNS server.. lol

I'm pretty new to IPv6, so I need to set a static on the Pi is what you're saying?
0 Ratings
Message 55 of 55

Go to solution

Also, if anybody else has this issue, this is what seems to be working for me at the moment:

NJackooo_0-1691671509481.png

it did require a reboot upon updating the settings, otherwise it doesn't work.

I need to keep an eye because it assigned the same v6 address to two devices simutaneously which meant only one of them worked on test-ipv6.com (might be to do with the prefix), will keep an eye and report back.

0 Ratings