cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Moving my modem during package migration

Go to solution

Hi all,

New here so bear with me please. I'm currently in the migration process of changing my wifi package from Fibre 100 to Fibre 500. Basically my question is, can I switch off and move my modem during the migration process or do I have to leave it where it is until my new speeds have kicked in?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving my modem during package migration

Go to solution

Do you mean Modem (ONT) which you shouldn't be touching, or do you mean your Hub?

If the hub, it doesn't matter when you move it.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, I mean my Hub (apologies for the confusion). That's great thank you for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Sorry, quick follow up question. I have spoken to BT with regards to my upgrade and one operator told me my order was complete and to fully reset my ONT and Hub. I then reported back to BT (different operator) who told me that my order would be complete at 00:00 tomorrow and to ensure my ONT remains on. Have i messed up my migration?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

No, leave the ONT on and reset again tomorrow. Doesn't matter what you do with the hub.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I turned off the ONT when initially was told by the original operator. As you can see I'm a bit of a worrier due to needing an improved connection for my job and am just concerned I may have messed up the process by turning it off and back on.

0 Ratings