cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 37

Re: Moving smart hub.

So curve ball... it looks like it's the ONT itself.. openreach engineer hardwired directly from ONT using cat5e and cat6 to his laptop.. only pulls 150mb.. he rang his techs.. who said there is 988mb coming into the property upto the ONT.. but it won't spit out anything over 150mb.. after an hour of trying different cables and many speed test sites.. he had to walk away at a loss, and sat it's on BT.. because there's 988mb upto the ONT anything past that point is not their responsibility... so no clue now, paying for 900mb and getting 150mb.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 37

Sounds as though the ONT itself is faulty.  I would have expected him to replace it.  I suggest you push for it to be replaced.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 37

He did, he put a 2.5gb one on.. still no joy.. BT booked a external engineer.. I've just got a message saying 'we fixed your problem, please restart your hub" going to do that when I get back..
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 37

There can be issues where the wrong speed is provisioned from the start , overly simplistic but the person/system/algorithm selects 150Mb instead of 900Mb when entering your details , but if that were the case you wouldn’t at either location or at any time get any better than 150Mb.
Anyway , whatever the issue hopefully it is solved
Message 35 of 37

Yeah.. that's what I was thinking, but I've achieved 900mb before, not long ago.. seems all of a sudden its been dropped to 150mb.. BT seem at a loss, and have said, they will have to contact OP again.. I was wanting to switch to EE 1.6gb too haha! I'll wait until its fixed, then get them to switch me over.
0 Ratings
Message 36 of 37

@LowPingHunter 

unless it has changed the 1.6gb connection with EE was only for new customers not switches - at least not yet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 37 of 37

I'm quite the charmer on the phone haha! Plus balls in my court atm with the months of faults..
0 Ratings