cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 37

Re: Moving smart hub.

I think you are missing the point. Your internal wiring is your responsibility, nothing to do with BT.

Message 22 of 37

@LowPingHunter 

If your appointment is with a BT/Qube "engineer" under Halo, be aware that their skill set seems to extend to wearing a polo shirt with the embroidered logo at the front.

What happened after you first raised this in February?

Message 23 of 37

I don’t have an attitude and TBH , it’s meant to be a helpful comment, if you knowingly fill your new petrol car with diesel and call out the suppling dealership saying ‘it won’t start’ , presumably you won’t be surprised if the fix isn’t covered under warranty…..that’s all I was pointing out .
Message 24 of 37

If you had read the thread mate, you'd of seen the engineer originally came out because of poor broadband speeds.. moving the box was an attempt to mitigate it.. hasn't worked, so out he comes again.. not sure why I would be charged, I have physically moved or changed anything
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 37

Not missing any point at all.. there's no way of knowing EXACTLY what the issue is without engineer investigating
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 37

That’s why I asked initially why the tech was visiting, you stated that after the router shift the speed was consistently just under 100Mb , which suggested to me that this is worse than when connected at the original location .
If the speed is below the minimum guaranteed , which I think is around 700Mb on a 900Mb service then obviously if this is apparent when the tech visits again at the original location of the router , then that’s fine , no worries about charging

….FWIW , if the speed is below minimum at the original location then it was always  nonsense for the tech to think  by incorporating some third party wiring that it was going to fix the problem , the tech should have known  the  underlying issue would still be there….but TBH , your post focused on the speed after the router shift , not before , hence the understandable suspicion on the cable used to relocate the router.

Message 27 of 37

To be fair to iniltous, I think he is just trying to alert you to the fact that if it is your internal wiring, it’s not an OR call out and they will charge you for wasting their time.  Any internal wiring is the property owner’s responsibility.

Under the circumstances the first thing to do is move the router back next to the ONT and check the speeds again.  If that fixes the problem then it is definitely your internal wiring and OR will not fix it.  If the problem persists then it is an external fault and the OR call is appropriate.

Message 28 of 37

Ok I see, I appreciate the feedback.. apologies for taking you the wrong way. I guess I'll have to see what he finds.. then possibly pay him for his visit, and then hire someone to make the ports gig speed.. is it possible to move the actual ONT to upstairs do you think? So I had hardwire still?

Thanks in advance
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 37

It's not something you can do, but depending on factors like availability of a power point, suitable route for the fibre optic etc., yes it is doable...but it will be pricy again.  You'd need to get BT to book it through OR.

Message 30 of 37

Thankyou for that.. I shall see what they say tomorrow.
0 Ratings