cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

NAT Type PS5

Go to solution

Hello BT, I have a Smart Hub 2 router and I am trying to achieve a NAT Type 1 on my PS5. I have already assigned a static ip address on my PS5 and therefore, added these ports to open:

AmitoUK_1-1667737991621.png

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: NAT Type PS5

Go to solution

As you are on a 192.168.x.x network you are highly unlikely to achieve a NAT type 1.

Have a read: NAT Types: Network Connection Quality (portforward.com)

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Not being a gamer, I have no idea why the gaming fraternity have a concept of different types of NAT and what the criteria is for each.

NAT is network address translation, it is a mechanism to translate packets arriving at a device with a public IP address and direct them to a device with a private IP address. There are not different types of that process.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

How come? 

I thought anyone can achieve NAT Type 1.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Did you read the article I posted a link to?

To have NAT type 1 on a PS you effectively have to be directly connected to the Internet, not on a private address. If you are using a router, it would need to be in bridge mode with only your PS connected - not possible with a SH2 (and a bad idea generally.)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I have no idea why game console manufacturers and the gaming community hijack defined terminology and use it for something else.

NAT is NAT, there are no variants.

I have no idea what it is they call NAT of various types.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

0 Ratings