cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

PS5 Nat type failed

Go to solution

Hi all, anyone else have this problem and know how to fix? Been living here 2 years with a bt hub, PS5, haven’t changed any settings ever, all default and suddenly today I have NAT type failed on the ps5 so unable to play any online games. Internet works fine otherwise, 57mb down, 16mb up. Tried putting PS5 in a DMZ, turned off firewall. Restarted router and console several times and finally factory reset router, nothing works. Just have NAT type fail so unable to log in to PlayStation network at all, any help appreciated, thanks!

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: PS5 Nat type failed

Go to solution

Is this just a problem with bt in my area? And if I do nothing it’s likely to work again later or tomorrow? There’s literally nothing I could have done to change any of the settings, worked before I went to sleep and doesn’t now. I realise I probably wasted my time trying to change anything

Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

I just got this problem too.

I've been looking online to see what it could be. The fact we're both getting this suggests its BT.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

Actually, just checked Twitter, wish I had before I wasted all my time. They’ve definitely ballsed it right up

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution
Yup. Just got this problem today.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution
Hopefully BT will sort it out. I wonder if its OR network-wide.
It could be a few issues. But they all go back to the network.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

Add me to the list...did all that you did Stuart and same failed outcome......has anybody called their techies ?....Im not on Twitter

Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

I called up about this just now and he said it's a problem at the moment and didn't give me a time frame on when it would go back to normal... Mines the same though I have a ps4 and it's appearing me offline and I can't change it back to online and everytime I do a network test the NAT type is constantly failing. 

Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

Just got a call back from them and he just said he’s not sure if it’s their problem yet, put me on hold for a bit, checked with managers, said yeah they’ve seen some reports but still don’t know if it’s a PlayStation or a bt problem, I tried saying it’s definitely a bt problem because friends have no issues and it’s all over Twitter etc and he’s like ok we’ll if it is I’m sure it will be fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution
Should add.....I only switched to their HALO 3 two weeks ago and have PS5 cabled to router (which incidentally is only 8 feet from console for wifi use).....no issues before on the lowly 150mb uploads.....now every day I get drop outs.....complaint looming I think!
0 Ratings