cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Printers cant find BT Hub

Go to solution

Having thought it was a printer issue, I can't get any printers to connect to my BT Smart Hub 2.

I've turned off 5Gz as recommended on the forum and just still getting a message from the brand new, out of the box printer that it can't find the network.  Previous printer also stopped working and couldn't find the wifi, hence why I went a got a new one - thought it was a printer problem - dumb of me.

Clearly there is something with the Hub - maybe because of a recent update - which means the printers can't see it - but as modern printers now only work with a connection to the wifi, I'm at a loss.  The new printer does say I can connect it via usb - but there isn't a cable in the box.

Not sure what to do next - and wondering whether I really am the only person with this problem?!

Now wasted hours (literally) on this - just so, so frustrating.

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Printers cant find BT Hub

Go to solution

Did you try going yo hub manager then WiFi and try different WiFi channel or you can try changing the mode from default 1 to either 2 or 3 and see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

Yes - I changed channels, tried different defaults and turned off the firewall.   Just got the constant message that the printer couldn’t see the network the smartphone was on - when trying to connect via smartphone. 

When trying to connect via laptop, then it suggested using WPS, but that wouldn’t connect either. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

Do not turn the firewall off.  That is protecting you from unwanted incoming connections being established from the internet.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

After the hub has had an update it is often best to factory reset the hub. The update will not be removed but it does ensure it is all configured correctly. 

To do a factory reset of the Smarthub press a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. Once it has restarted try making the printer connection.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

What's the make / model of printer?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

Neither an Espon EcoTak ET-1810 or a HP DeskJet 2620 can connect to the wifi, so I'm pretty convinced now it is an issue with the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

Done that (restored to factory reset). Still says printer can't see the wifi.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

do you have any devices currently connected to 2.4ghz - phone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

How did you try setting up the Epson, did you try this method?

https://support.epson.net/setupnavi/?LG2=EN&OSC=WS&MKN=et-1810&PINF=setup#P_start

Epson printers can be slow.

You could also use a usb  cable but would need to buy it as they no longer supply them.

0 Ratings