cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Purple flashing light on my new bt smart hub 2

Go to solution

Hi all,

I just got delivered my bt smart hub 2 about 45mins ago along with the smart disc. I plugged everything in correctly as I’ve done it before with my previous broadband providers even before the activation date/time.

I am a new customer to bt so I wasn’t sure but thought I’d ask on here first, my bt smart hub has purple flashing lights and I’ve already tried resetting it, turning it off and on again and left it flashing for longer than 15mins. Do I have to wait for the activation date as there is nothing wrong with the cable connections or anything? 
Any help as soon as possible so I don’t leave it too late to call bt hun would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Purple flashing light on my new bt smart hub 2

Go to solution

you need to wait for your activation date which must be soon if you have received new SH2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Although flashing purple suggest no cable connection.

Hub lights

You should receive an email from BT once the switch is complete.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

It is all connected properly as I’ve know how to put all the wires in?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Is it for ffth (full fibre to home)? If yes is Port 4 on hub Red?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@irene2 

The ports on the SH 2 are all the same colour.  BT supply an ethernet cable to connect the SH2 PORT 4 to the ONT which happens to be red

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hey, just for any new visitors to this post. 

If you have issues with the lights on your Hub (regardless of which model), please visit https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/what-do-the-lights-on-my-bt-hub-...

This will give you information on what the lights mean, with hints, tips or advice on fixing the issue. 

Cheers

0 Ratings