cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 29

Re: Radiation with all wifi off? WHY???

Go to solution

Nonsense.  I've had two in recent years.  Not because I'm concerned with the em but because the master socket is out in the hall, so I run a separate WAP.  Back in the ADSL days I had a Billion 7800.  Today, on FTTC, I have a Draytek 2762.  Both were the non Wi-Fi versions, which are readily available.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 29

Go to solution

@StuartHK 

What are you saying is "nonsense"?

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

The idea that you can't get a domestic grade router without Wi-Fi.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution

@StuartHK 

I never actually said that you couldn't  - I was merely asking the question.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution

My apologies for the use of the word "nonsense" then.

Message 26 of 29

Go to solution

One could manually take out the wifi antena or the whole wifi board if it was on a M.2 mount for example?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 29

Go to solution

If that's BT's kit, don't forget it's only on loan.  It will go down a treat if you start taking it apart.  Just buy a non wi-fi unit, as mentioned above.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 29

Go to solution

Hi Everyone 

Please keep it friendly.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 29

Go to solution
"It also does not disable the TV, radio, mobile phone, microwave, baby alarms, fluorescent lights, radar, next door’s wifi etc. coming through your walls or the weak em field given off by all electronics, for that matter."

Something we call, reducing the problem. So much for a pure science backhround. You can't fathom basic principles.

"I have worked 40 years near the sort of EMF fields that would make the OP wince and have never suffered any ill effects, and more than that, real ionising radiation from a couple of 1.7GW reactors (which are approx 100M away from where I am sitting). There are billions of neutrino's streaming through me from these reactors right now.

Stress from worry is a bigger risk factor."

Your work will have shielding in place and safety measures, time to exposure etc.

24/7 exposure to pulsed, polarised (not natural) microwaves is not settled science at all. Cell towers hit the public with no pre-market checks, flew out quicker than cheques could be written.

If i can reduce the unknown to my body,i will. I ain't waiting for Steve the scientist to discover nasty little secrets.
0 Ratings