cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Re: Hybrid connect 4G network problem

I have a slightly different problem.  With only 3 Ethernet connections on the back of the Hub and I need 4, (I use a heating Hub, a Phillips Lighting Hub) plus I have a poor WiFi coverage due to aspects of my building, so I cannot get a 4G signal from my EE Hybrid Connect. I have communicated many times with BT, so , like several other members, when my contract expires I shall move.  My Broadband signal is better now, but when it drops I have no backup.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Are you on FTTH @MajJim ?

If not (i.e. you are not connecting your hub to a ONT), you can turn the 4th port from a WAN port to a standard port in the hub settings.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@MajJim 

Just add an Ethernet switch to one of the Ethernet connections on the home hub. That will give you four extra ports.

Capture.JPG

Like this https://www.tp-link.com/uk/business-networking/unmanaged-switch/tl-sg105/v6/

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for all the helpful suggestions. I will follow up on them. It is a shame that all my communications with BT help did not suggest these options. I was considering setting up a Mesh Network but in the meantime I will try what was suggested. Thanks.

0 Ratings